Thursday, April 4, 2019

KING SOLOMON WHISKED QUEEN SHEBA'S THRONE


(From Surah 27: A-Naml, The Ants)

Solomon (Prophet Sulaiman) knew the speech of birds:
16. And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O you people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and on us has been bestowed of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah).

The bird Hoopoe said to Solomon:
23. I found (there) a woman ruling over them and provided with every requisite; and she has a magnificent throne.

Sheba (Bilqis) and her people (present Yemen) were sun-worshippers. 

Solomon asked Hoopoe to deliver his letter to Sheba which said:
31. Be you not arrogant against me, but come to me in submission (to the true Religion).

In response Sheba sent a present to Solomon:
35.  But I am going to send him a present, and (wait) to see with what (answer) return (my ambassadors).

Solomon gets Sheba's throne:
38. He said, "You Chiefs! Which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?"
39. Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to you before you rise from your council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."
40. Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of My Lord! - to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is free of all needs, Supreme in Honour!"
41. He said: "Transform her throne out of all recognition by her: let us see whether she is guided (to the truth) or is one of those who receive no guidance."

42. So when she arrived, she was asked, "Is this your throne?" She said, "It was just like this; and knowledge was bestowed on us in advance of this, and we have submitted to Allah (in Islam)."

No comments:

Post a Comment