Monday, February 12, 2018

SPANK THE TOAD


Two mistakes Mahathir made. First, put the Bugis as PM, second put the toad at  high pedestal.


(excerpts from "Spank the Monkey")

“Before, my life was berfoya-foya (having luxurious fun) here and there. I had my own private jet, a yacht, I had it all. Where do I want to eat? Hong Kong? Singapore? But Allah loved me. At the end of 1998, I remember being called to serve as Umno's working secretary. I told my president (Dr Mahathir Mohamad), that I would serve for six months and then I wanted to return to the corporate world. But from Nov 1998 until today, I am an Umno man”.


In late October last year, Selangor MB Dato Seri Azmin took Tengku Adnan to task over his proposal to make pupils at SK Putrajaya Presint 14 (1) participate in waving Umno flags and sing the party song to instil patriotism and a sense of belonging to Umno.

In late November last year, he caused an uproar and then accused the opposition of distorting his speech on Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) students being “slow learners”.

In mid-November last year, Subang MP R Sivarasa filed a court case against Tengku Adnan alleging that his remarks implied that he (Sivarasa) did not respect a place of worship for Muslims when using Masjid An-Nur in Kampung Melayu Subang on May 24th for political purposes, disrespecting the purity of the mosque in the month of Ramadan. The case is set for hearing in June this year.

In mid-December last year, the Taman Tun Dr Ismail Residents’ Association took him on when they refuted several claims he made about holding dialogues with them regarding issues related to the proposed high-rise development near Taman Rimba Kiara

So it really comes as no surprise that Ku Nan begins this year being accused by The Malaysian Insight of still being on the subject of not using places of worship, specifically churches this time, to spread fake news and lies about the government.  

Ku Nan has hit back by denying that he said some had been using churches to spread fake news and lies about the Government, clarifying that his advice was intended for all religious places of worship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment